Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Merba Chocolate Cream filled Chocolate Chip Cookies

עוגיות שוקולד צ'יפס ממולאות

Merba added a new cookie to their line of cookies sold here in Israel, this time it’s a Chocolate Cream filled Chocolate Chip Cookie. I was at my friends house the other day and she opened a pack of this new cookie for everyone to enjoy here are a few of the "reviews" I overheard.

The kids in the crowd, who didn’t know the cookies had a chocolate filling, were very excited and happy when they bit into the cookie and found the "surprise". They all came back for seconds:)

Another guest, who isn’t a huge fan of the original Merba chocolate chip cookie, was a little disappointed with this new cookie because she thought the photo on the package made it look like there was more chocolate filling than she actually got in her cookie. She was also anticipating the chocolate filling to be even gooier and more dominant than it was.

I've said before that I much prefer soft cookies to crunchy or harder cookies but for a crunchy chocolate chip cookie I thought it was a nice “upgrade” to your average mass-produced chocolate chip cookie. I liked the contrast of the crunch with the softness of the filling and I thought they worked well together. I don't think this idea is all that new or innovative and cookies like this have been available for a long time but still I think Merba’s version is perfectly fine.

Bottom line: Not everyone at my friends house was super impressed with Merba Chocolate Cream filled Chocolate Chip Cookies but most everyone enjoyed them, especially the kids, so I’d say I you’re a fan of Merba’s other cookies and you like chocolate chip cookies you should enjoy this new one as well.


Kosher Dairy Chief Rabbinate Holland approved by Chief Rabbinate Israel   

175 gram pack- 9.90NIS


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by my friend. No one is paying me or my friend for this review. All opinions are mine or my friends

1 comment:

  1. The one issue I have with their regular choclate chips are that they are almost too crumbly and not even a bit "elastic" and thats probably because of using mostly sugar and not using dough. Its the same for all industrial cookies. The bakeries use much less sugar and more dough and thats the elastic airy bit thats always missing in these.

    ReplyDelete