Sunday, December 18, 2011

Strauss Fresh Baby Carrots & Carrot Sticks

שטראוס נשנושי גזר טרי


Update: Strauss Fresh Baby Carrots & Carrot Sticks Won a Product of the Year Awards 2013.
 
On many occasions my friends and I have mentioned how much we miss fresh, ready-to-eat baby carrots. They were always a very popular healthy and covenant snack. Oddly, among all the wonderful produce available, here in Israel, prepackaged fresh, peeled & washed baby carrots were nowhere to be found.


I guess Strauss finally noticed this too because not long ago they joined up with Kibbutz Shluchot and invested 15 Million NIS in a new factory to produce pre-washed fresh "snack" vegetables. Their first products to hit the market are the pre-packaged, fresh, and ready-to-eat baby carrots and carrot sticks.

The carrots are available in two different size bags. Snack bags of 150 grams (about 15 baby carrots per bag) or a family size bag of 400 grams.



I was very happy to tell all my friends, that have been looking for such a product, that they can now check the refrigerator section of your local supermarket and enjoy the fresh crunchy baby carrots and carrot sticks right here in the Holy land.


150 gram bag 4.90 NIS
400 gram bag 9.90 NIS

Kosher Mehadrin

Update: I found a coupon for these Strauss Fresh Baby Carrots
It’s a 1+1 coupon for the 150 gram bags of the carrots. It can be used at most major supermarkets except Mega Bool, Shefa Shook and Yesh.
It expires 30/4/12



 

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this post. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. What supermarkets have you seen these in? This is VERY exciting but I haven't seen them in Rami Levy or Supersol or Mega Ba'ir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette
    Yeah I was excited about them too:)
    I bought them at Mega Bool. I saw them at more than one Mega Bool. I wonder why the Mega Ba'ir you were at didn't have them. Maybe ask the customer service counter or the head of the produce department at your supermarket to order them.
    Good Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'll check out Mega Bool next time I'm near one. I hope it will become a common item at all of the supermarkets. BTW - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too Hope you find them easily. From what I understand they are meant to become a common item in all supermarkets:) If you continue having a hard time finding them I'd say try calling Strauss and tell them - they happen to have a really helpful and good customer service phone line 1-800-777-777

    Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog! It means so much to me to hear that you enjoy my blog. Thank you

    ReplyDelete