Monday, July 2, 2012

Nestlé's Fitness White-Chocolate Coated Cereal


דגני בוקר פיטנס עם שוקולד לבן
In November I wrote about Nestlé's Fitness Dark-Chocolate Coated Cereal now they added a White-Chocolate Coated Cereal to this line. Not being a huge fan of white-chocolate I wasn’t going to try it but it I was looking for a cereal to buy the other day and it was on sale for 17.00NIS at Mega so I decided to try it.

White chocolate is not my first choice of chocolate, as I mentioned way too many times I’m a self proclaimed dark-chocoholic, but when I tasted this Fitness White-Chocolate Coated Cereal dry; without milk, I actually liked it better than Fitness’s dark-chocolate and milk-chocolate version. I don’t know why, maybe it was because I was really hungry that morning, not sure, but for some reason dry I liked it better than both of the other chocolate coated ones in this line.

I have read other reviews online where the writers complained there were not enough of the chocolate coated flakes in the cereal, but in this case I was happy with the amount of chocolate. For me it was just the perfect amount of chocolate sweetness to make the dry cereal interesting and different.  

As soon as I added milk to this Fitness White-Chocolate Coated Cereal I got this shortening-like film from the white-chocolate coated flakes that remained in my mouth and ruined this bowl of cereal for me. Yes I could taste the waxy coating on the dry cereal but not as much as I felt it in the dark-chocolate version and it didn’t bother me as much when I eat this white-chocolate cereal dry but in milk it was way more prevalent and really bothered me.

The flakes are made of whole wheat and whole rice flour.
There are 10 vitamins and minerals, including iron and folic acid, added to this Fitness White-Chocolate cereal

Bottom Line: I will most likely finish this box of Fitness White-Chocolate Coated Cereal by mixing it with the dark-chocolate version and eating it as a snack; not with milk, because I didn’t like the waxy, shortening-like film it left in my mouth when I ate it with milk. Dry, I like the cereal but it’s far from my favorite cereal so I do not think I will be purchasing it again in the future.

350 gram box 22.00 NIS (I got it on sale for 17.00NIS)  

Kosher Dairy BDP – Bait Din Paris approved by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. In general I prefer sweet cereals as a dry snack and more "bland" cereals such as corn flakes or rice chex with milk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I am very much like that too but sometimes I even enjoy more "bland" cereals as a dry snack too or as a breakfast on the go without milk:)

      Delete