Monday, July 9, 2012

Osem's Bamba Cream Filled Bamba Snack


אסם במבה במילוי קרם במבה
Osem's Bamba added a new flavor to their cream filled Bamba line. They are calling this cream filling Bamba cream”. 

Osem Bamba's cream filled line is the same idea as Elite's Shushim Vanilla and Chocolate cream filled ones, that I blogged about in the past, but these are from Osem Bamba and not Elite’s Shushim; “copy” product.

The Bamba cream filling is a sweet peanut buttery cream filling that Osem added to the center of their  Bamba snack. 

When I tasted this Bamba Cream Filled Bamba I got exactly what I was expecting. It was the same crispy, yet light 'n fluffy, puffed corn Bamba snack, filled with a creamy, fairly sweet, peanut butter filling that I thought intensified the Bamba flavor.

After a few pieces I thought it was a little too peanut buttery for me. Ideally I would have mixed this snack with something like Osem's nougat cream filled Bamba, just to add some chocolate flavor to the mix. That would have made it more enjoyable for me.  

I did not grow up eating Bamba, like many Israeli kids did, so in general it’s far from a favorite snack of mine, but if I had to choose between Osem’s Bamba or Elite’s Shushim, Osem’s Bamba are more to my liking than Shushim. In this case as well I preferred the cream filled Bamba over the cream filled Shushim mainly because of the puffed corn part of the snack and less because of the flavor of the filling. 

Bottom Line: In my opinion, coating and filling the Bamba with the same sweet peanut butter flavor was a little too “over kill” for me and I wanted another flavor, like chocolate for example, mixed in to make it more interesting and enjoyable. I would buy this snack again (if it was on sale) for Bamba snack addicts but for myself, I would mix it with something chocolaty so I don't get a peanut butter flavor overload.

60 gram bag- 4.00- 4.50 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz


 Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment