Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bagle Bagle's "Neshnshim" Mexican Flavored Crackers

Not too long ago I reviewed Bagle Bagle's Whole-Wheat with a touch of Honey Crackers and now they have 2 new flavors on the market; one is a Mediterranean Flavored Cracker and the second is a Mexican Flavored Cracker.
 
I actually would have preferred to taste the Mediterranean Flavored Cracker but the supermarket I was in only had the 60 gram bags of the Mexican Flavored ones so I decided to try those. If/when I come across a small bag of the Mediterranean one I may possibly taste them too and add an update to this post. For now here's my review of the Mexican Flavored Crackers.

The first thing to hit me about these crackers was the spicy flavor they have. I would say they are not way too hot & spicy but they absolutely have a kick to them. If you don't enjoy spicy snacks this is not the cracker for you.
בייגל בייגל נשנושים בטעם מקסיקני
I also noticed a tomato aroma and flavor to these crackers. Low and behold I saw dehydrated tomatoes as one of the ingredients listed on the bag.
I'm not an expert on international flavors and don’t know exactly what a true Mexican flavor is, but I thought that in some ways it tasted like a spicy tortilla chip so with the added tomato flavor I do understand why they chose to call it "Mexican" flavored .
I think it's wonderful that many of the snacks in Bagle Bagle's Neshnushim line are baked, not fried, and have no cholesterol, these Mexican Flavored Crackers are no exception.
One thing I didn’t like about these crackers is that I found them to be a little too over baked and therefore somewhat dry. It's very possible that it was just the bag I got and most of them were not overdone. If you tried these crackers let me know if your bag was over baked or not.

Bottom Line: If they were not so dried out I think I would have really enjoyed these Mexican Flavored Crackers as a snack or with a mild soft cheese as part of a meal. The crackers have a lot of flavor and a nice spicy kick to them. The fact that they are baked and not fried is a big plus in my book.

60 gram bag – 4.29 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment