Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chupa Chups Magic Powder Lollipops

צ'ופה צ'ופס
סוכריות על מקל עם אבקת קסמים
Chupa Chups has a new Lolly on the market. These new lollipops come in two flavors Cola-Lemon and Mango-Apple but what’s new about these lollys is the "magic powder" added to the candy.

I tasted the Cola-Lemon flavored one. Granted I'm not a child and I know this product is geared toward kids so I did have a 3 and 6 year old taste them as well but first I will give you my opinion.

 I have to say that although cola flavored lollys are not new, I had never tasted any cola flavored hard candy, somehow it never seemed like a flavor I would like but surprisingly I actually enjoyed this Cola-Lemon flavored lolly. Even though I do not like lemon in my cola drink I did like the cola-lemon combination of this candy. The tanginess of the lemon seemed to balance out the sweetness of the cola flavor, and yes I thought the lolly did have an "authentic" cola taste, which was another pleasant surprise for me.

My disappointment came when I realized the "magic powder" they promised was so insignificant and almost nonexistent. I tasted a very little bit of the "fizzy" powder toward the center of the lolly but it was such a drop that had I not known it was there I may have missed it. It's possible that the "magic powder" ended up getting so "mixed into" the candy as I ate it that it seemed unnoticeable to me but I think if Chupa Chups markets this lollipop to be a "Magic Powder Lolly" I would expect them to put way more powder in the candy and make it the focus of the lollipop, to the point where you can't miss it.


 My friend who tasted both flavors said she personally preferred the mango-apple one but added that the cola one really kinda felt like a candy version of drinking soda.

 But now let's get to the opinions of the "lolly experts", a 3 year old and a 6 year old, they both gave these Chupa Chups Magic Lollys a thumbs up!

  The six year old wasn’t told anything about this lollys "magic" powder, later in the day, when she was asked if she liked the lolly she excitedly said "there was fizz in it but I couldn't see the fizz I only tasted it!" She described it as a "fun tingly sensation you feel while eating the lolly rather than finding the powder at the end"

Bottom Line: It seems to me that Chupa Chup knew what they were doing because their target consumer thoroughly enjoyed the "magic" they added to the lollies and both flavors seemed to be accurate and tasty.    

Bag of 10 lollies – 7.99 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment