Monday, July 4, 2011

Tapuzina Summer Herbal Infusion Drinks

תפוזינה צלול חליטת נענה ולימונים
Jafora, one of the leading soft drink companies in Israel, has 2 new summer drinks on the market from their Tapuzina line of drinks. Tapuzina Tzalul Drinks are an herbal infusion drink; sort of an ice herbal tea drink. These new drinks are being called "Tzalul" which mean clear or pure.

The two flavors are "Sage & Citrus" and "Nana & Lemon". I tasted the Nana & Lemons Tzalul Drink

Nana, in case you're not familiar, is a variety of mint, which is very popular here in Israel and other parts of the region. (Wikipedia: The cultivar Mentha spicata 'Nana', the Nana mint of Morocco, possesses a clear, pungent, but mild aroma and is an essential ingredient of Touareg Tea.)

I thought Tapuzina succeeded in making the drink they set out to make, it lived up to what they advertised it to be. The drink was a "clean" and clear refreshing nana herbal ice-tea drink, with a touch of lemon flavor.

It seemed to me that there was more nana than lemon in the drink. Nana was clearly the dominant flavor. Actually I would have liked the drink to have a little more lemon flavor in it, for me it was missing a little "tanginess" that I expect from a lemon flavored drink, but it was still an enjoyable and refreshing summer drink.

I did think that they could have gotten away with less sugar but it wasn’t overly sweet. I know many people do like their drinks to be somewhat sweet so I'm guessing that they did kind of get the sweetness level right for the majority of their customer base.

The Tapuzina Tzalul Drinks have no artificial food coloring and no preservatives. 

Bottom Line: Of the three summer "tea type" drinks I have tasted and reviewed, so far, including Vitaminchick Peach Ice-Tea and Wissotzky Litchi Celebration Summer Tea, for me, this "Tapuzina Tzalul" Nana & Lemon Drink was the most enjoyable and closest to what I anticipated it to be; a refreshing, clean nana flavored herbal infusion(tea) summer drink. Even thought I would have liked to taste the tanginess of the lemon a little more than I did I still enjoyed this limited edition summer drink.

1.5 Liter Bottle – 6.99 NIS

Kosher Badatz

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment