Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tapuchips Kids Ketchup Flavored Snack

תפוצ'יפס קידס בטעם קטשופ
Tapuchips latest addition is a Ketchup flavored Tapuchips Kids potato snack.

Tapuchips Kids is a puffed baked snack made of potatoes that is meant to "melt in your kids mouth" in the way that cheese doodles "melt" in your mouth.

The other Tapuchips Kids products seem to be very good sellers. They even won a Productof the Year Awards two years running, so it makes sense for Elite to add to this line of snacks.

Ketchup flavor is a very logical choice, given that many kids love ketchup so much. I know some kids (of all ages) who would eat almost anything you put on their plate as long as it's drenched in ketchup.


As I mentioned in my review of Osem's Pizza Flavored Ketchup that I myself am not a huge fan of ketchup or ketchup flavored snacks but I thought these Ketchup Tapuchips Kids are exactly what they claim to be. I clearly tasted the combination of a "sweet" ketchup flavor with a crispy "french-fry" taste. I would have added some salt to the snack but I'm not sure kids would agree with me on that so I understand why Tapuchips didn’t make them saltier than they are.

If I left the chip on my tongue for a few seconds it absolutely melted in my mouth so I wouldn’t worry about giving it to children who are ready for that kind of "food". 

Since they are a kids snack and I don’t love ketchup that much I wanted to get a child's opinion as well. I gave some of the chips to a 7 and 5 year old without telling them that it was flavored. Immediately the 7 year old excitedly said "wow ketchup yum!!" and her sister smiled and asked for some more. So I would say the Ketchup flavored Tapuchips Kids were a real winner with these two girls :)

Ketchup flavored Tapuchips Kids are baked, have no artificial food coloring and no added preservatives.

Bottom Line: I would say the Ketchup flavored Tapuchips Kids live up to exactly what I expected them to be. If you liked Osem's "Dubonim" Ketchup Flavored Potato Snack you are bound to like these Tapuchips kids as well. Judging from the reactions I saw from the kids who tasted these Ketchup flavored Tapuchips Kids I think Tapuchips has another winner on their hands.



40 gram bag – 3.00 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz 

 




Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. does anyone know where i can buy these online, or even etter, in Houston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope someone in the USA will be able to help you. If no one replies maybe send an email to Elite and ask them who their local Houston distributor is and if/where they carry this product in your area.
      I did a quick Google search and didn't come up with anything- sorry.
      Oh btw Elite and Frito-Lay are "connected" so if there is a Lay's chip like this it may be a similar/the same product I don't know that for sure but it may be worth checking into.
      Good Luck

      Delete