Monday, April 29, 2013

Must Sugar-Free “Desserts” Lemon Meringue Pie Flavor Gum

I was never a super huge fan of gum. I always had very specific likes and dislikes when it came to chewing/bubble gum but for some reason over the past few months I don’t care for gum at all. I can’t remember when the last time I put a piece of gum in my mouth, if it wasn’t for the purposes of trying something new and possibly writing a blog post about it. There have even been a few new gums on the market that I didn’t review because I wasn’t interested in trying them. Then when I was at a rest stop in the Negev and I saw this Lemon Meringue Pie flavored Must Sugar Free Gum and I was intrigued I ”had to try it”. At that point I had not seen a press release about this “desserts” line of Must gums and I had not noticed them in any of the supermarkets I usually shop in so I got a pack to try, by now I think they are available all over the country and I even saw an ad for them on TV last night. 
מסטיק ללא סוכר בטעמי קינוחים: פאי לימון ושטרודל תפוחים וקינמון

The other flavor in this Must “Desserts” line is Apple Cinnamon Strudel. I would have gotten that too because I used to really like a good cinnamon gum but the apple part put me off. I really do not enjoy sweet fruit flavored gums and I was afraid the apple part would be dominant and too sweet for my liking so I skipped that option.

Lemon flavor, if it’s more on the sour side, is a flavor I very much enjoy. I was curious to see how they would incorporate the meringue part into the gum.




The first few seconds the gum was very sweet, a little too sweet for me but there was something about the sweetness that totally reminded me of a properly made meringue. It was interesting in a good way; since it quickly gave way to a slightly sour lemon flavor I was able to “handle” the sweetness. Unfortunately for me, the lemon flavor did not last long at all and again the gum became very sweet. The overly sweet “meringue” flavor took over and made the gum too sweet for my liking. That’s basically how the gum stayed for the remainder of the time I chewed it. The lemon flavor did not reemerge at all.


I think those who enjoy sweet gums; kind of sort of like “bubble gum” sweetness, would like this gum (once the drop of lemon flavor passes).


Bottom Line: I was impressed and surprised that this gum really did resemble the flavor of a Lemon Meringue Pie so it lived up to its name. Although it’s a sugar free gum, as a whole, this Must Gum was too sweet for me. The lemon flavor was just a quick passing hint, not enough lemon for me. If you like sweet/sugar flavored gums you may enjoy this Lemon Meringue Pie flavored Must “Dessert” gum.



Kosher Parve OK and Badatz

Pack of 14 pieces of gum 28grams in all-5.54 NIS 

 Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment