Friday, July 29, 2011

Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies Ice Cream

One of the main reasons I started this blog was because all the Israeli new-product reviews I found online or in the newspapers were in Hebrew. When I first made Aliyah, before Hebrew became second nature, I would have appreciated having a review in English. Then when I come across an item that is new here in Israel but is also popular in say the USA, like Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies Ice Cream, I'm not sure if I should just let you guys know it's available here and direct you to an American bloggers review or if I should go ahead and give you a full blown review of my own.

בן & ג'ריס -מילק & קוקיס


When it came to Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby I did write my own review but this time with their Milk & Cookies ice cream I found a few good reviews on line so I will tell you that On Second Scoop has a very detailed review of this ice cream that debuted in the USA over a year ago.
 

After tasting Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for myself I thought that Dubba's review was very accurate and well written. I too really enjoyed the ice cream and loved the abundance of 2 chocolate chip cookie doughs, but I do have something to add.
 


I mentioned in my review of Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches that "cookies & cream" ice creams is one of my all time favorite flavors  but I had an issue with the chocolate cookies swirl in this Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies Ice Cream. The swirl seemed to melt faster than the ice cream and wasn’t totally "mixed" into the ice cream so it ended up being somewhat grainy and crummy. Had the cookie swirl been more integrated into the ice cream the crumbs would not have bothered me, I most likely would have really enjoyed them, but since it was sort of melted on the side it ended up seeming somewhat grainy and chalky to me.
 

That having been said, all the other aspects of this Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream were so enjoyable that I can absolutely see myself buying it again, so long as it remains on the shelf here, because sadly, as far as I know, it’s a limited edition flavor. I truly hope that Ben & Jerry's Israel changes their mind on that and makes this Milk & Cookies Ice Cream a permanent flavor.
 

Bottom Line: Even thought July is coming to an end and with it  "national ice cream month" I think if you enjoy a crummy cookies swirl and an abundance of chocolate chip cookie doughs in your ice cream Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream can and should be enjoyed any month of the year.

1 Pint Ice Cream 24.90 NIS

Kosher OU D מכיל אבקת חלב נוכרי

Update

 If you would like a 
printable
50%off coupon for this
 Milk & Cookies Ice Cream
  to be purchased at select stores
 here in Israel 
 send me an email
and I will be happy
to send you the coupon

 It's good until August 30, 2011

 To be kept in the loop
 whenever I find a printable coupon
 of a product I reviewed
 be sure to follow me
 on twitter @Isreview1

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment