Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ben & Jerry's Banana Peanut Butter Greek Frozen Yogurt


The day before Shavuot I was in the supermarket picking up some last minute items for the Holiday and I noticed they had a new line of Ben & Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurts. There were three flavor options to choose from; Blueberry Vanilla Graham, Banana Peanut Butter and (I think) Strawberry Short Cake.

בן & ג'ריס יוגורט יווני חמאת בוטנים ובננה
Since dairy products are “the name of the game” on Shavuot I thought it would be the perfect time to try one. Then I saw the 2 for 40NIS sign so I picked two. I got the Banana Peanut Butter and the Blueberry Vanilla Graham.

The Banana Peanut Butter combo instantly made me think of Elvis’s famous sandwich, which always seemed like an odd combination to me. Still, it kind of intrigued me and, as I mentioned in my review of Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, I usually enjoy when they mix sweet and salty flavors but the banana kind of worried me. As a whole I normally don’t like banana flavor in products. I very much enjoy fresh bananas but I don’t like when bananas are used as a flavor, so I was skeptical about this frozen Greek yogurt flavor .

As with most other Ben & Jerry's products there are many English reviews online so I don’t see a need for me to add another long review of my own. After a quick Google search I found this review from The Ice Cream Informant you can go over to that site and read all about it. I am just here to let you know that these Ben & Jerry’s Greek Frozen Yogurts are available here in Israel and I will just give you my Bottom Line on the one I tasted so far. 

Bottom Line: I was pleasantly surprised with this Ben & Jerry's Banana Peanut Butter Greek Frozen Yogurt, it was tastier than I had expected it to be but it’s in no way as delicious as Ben & Jerry's full fat ice creams. There was no doubt I was eating a frozen Greek Yogurt. Along with the sweetness I couldn’t miss the tanginess of the Greek Yogurt. I think if you enjoy Greek yogurt that should not bother you.
 
As it turns out the banana flavor didn’t seem all that strong and added a good balance to the slight sourness of the Greek yogurt mixed with the touch of saltiness of the peanut butter. All together it kind of worked. Still I can’t say it was my favorite flavor, if I had the choice I would have asked them to skip the banana all together. I will enjoy the rest of the pint but I don’t plan on buying it again.

Here is a review from The Impulsive Buy where you can read about the Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Frozen Yogurt. It’s still sitting in my freezer; I have yet to try it, once I do if I have something interesting to say about it I may add my “Bottom Line” on that one to this post as well.

I got 2 one pint containers for 40 NIS- normally I think they are about 25 NIS each
Kosher OUD


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment