Monday, May 14, 2012

Telma’s Mocha flavored Cariot Cereal

תלמה כריות מוקה
I’m not sure how new Telma’s Mocha flavored Cariot Cereal is because I have not read any press release about it. I know Telma doesn’t always put out press releases about their products but from time to time they do. In any event, I saw this Mocha flavored Cariot Cereal on sale at Rami Levi last week. Since I had never tasted it and it says “Limited Edition” on it I thought I would give it a try and write a review about it. If it’s not really all that new and you’ve seen it on the shelf for a long time I guess this will just have to fall into the “new to me category”.

I've mentioned in past cereal reviews that more often than not I much prefer cereals as a dry snack rather than mixed with milk as a meal/breakfast, so first I tried this Mocha Cariot cereal dry, without milk.

At first, when I opened the package, I picked up on a slight mocha aroma, it wasn’t all that strong but when I tasted the cereal I definitely tasted the mocha flavor. No, it was not IN YOUR FACE mocha but it was there. Not being the biggest coffee lover I thought it was the perfect amount of mocha flavor for me; present but not overdone.

What bothered me most about the cereal was that it left an unpleasant shortening-like film in my mouth. That issue became way more of a problem as soon as I added milk to the bowl. The cereal went quite soggy fairly quickly and the shortening-like film became super annoying, I really didn’t like that. Somehow I don’t remember that being such a big problem with other Cariot cereals I have eaten in the past.

I should also add that with milk I thought the mocha flavor was relatively less noticeable; it was still there just less so. The benefit of the added milk was that the mocha filling became softer and I enjoyed the "gooeyness" of it but that wasn’t enough to make this a winner of a cereal for me.

Bottom Line: As a snack; dry, I thought Telma’s Mocha flavored Cariot Cereal was just OK. The shortening-like film it left in my mouth bothered me but as soon as I added milk that problem became much worse and I really didn’t enjoy it. I will finish up this box, eating them without milk, but I do not plan on buying this product again.

750 gram box was 26.99 I got it “on sale” for 15.99 NIS

Kosher Parve Rabbinate Arad Mehadrin 

 Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment