Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spring’s Vacation Destination Soft Drinks

ספרינג חופים

In November I wrote about Spring's line of soft drinks called "Countries" because each soft drink was representative of a different country. Spring’s Summer Line of soft drinks sort of continues that theme. Since Summer is beach vacation time Spring put out four new soft drinks that are named after exotic beach vacation spots; Seychelles, Caribbean, Zanzibar and Maldives.

The soft drink named for Seychelles is a mango pineapple flavored drink. The one named after the Caribbean is banana and passion fruit flavored. 

For the first time Spring ice teas entered this “countries” line of drink and there are two ice teas to choose from; Zanzibar’s is a pineapple melon ice tea and the Maldives ice tea is simply called “tropical flavored”. I wanted to taste one of the ice teas and since I’m not a fan of pineapple flavored drinks I went for the Maldives Spring Tea.

I really had no idea what to expect since tropical flavor can mean any number for fruit flavors. I was quite disappointed when I tasted the Spring Tea to find that it wasn’t very flavorful at all. To me it tasted like sugar-water with a touch of ice tea. I didn’t pick up on any defining tropical fruit flavor at all. Compared to say Nestea’s (Fuze Tea) peach flavor; which is the ice tea I often choose if/when I pick up an ice tea, this Maldives Spring Tea was very bland and tasteless.

I did however think they did a cute job on the ad for these drinks. No, having a bottle of this sugar-water will in noway make you feel like you are on an exotic beach vacation but it’s still a creative ad in my opinion.



There are no preservatives or food coloring in this Spring Tea.

Bottom Line: The only thing I liked about Maldives Tropical Flavored Spring Tea was the ad. The ice tea itself was more sugar-water with an unpleasant aftertaste than anything else.

1.5 liter bottle - 5.50- 7.50 NIS

Kosher Badatz

 Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me  for this review. All opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment