Thursday, September 22, 2011

Elite's Honey Hazelnut & Almond and Elite's White-Chocolate with Almond Pieces Chocolate Bars

 שוקולד עלית דבש אגוזים ושקדים
I noticed two new Elite chocolate bars on the supermarket shelve last week. One was a Milk Chocolate Bar with Honey, Hazelnut & Almonds and the second one was a White Chocolate Bar with Almond Pieces.

I know I've been reviewing quite a few chocolates recently (including from Merci & Loacker) and I still may have a few more chocolate reviews to post before the Holiday. It seems that Rosh Hashanah is a very popular time to début new chocolate. Many people are looking for treats to help sweeten the new year for their family and friends. So here are two more options to choose from.

Honey Hazelnut & Almond Milk Chocolate Bar
It took about a second for the strong honey flavor to overpower the chocolate taste of this Honey Hazelnut & Almond Milk Chocolate bar. If you’re a fan of say honey cake I think you might enjoy this honey flavored milk chocolate bar. It has the distinct sweet taste honey is known for.

This chocolate bar is also "chock full of nuts". They add wonderful texture, flavor and crunch to the chocolate bar. I just wish the Parah chocolates were a little bit of a better quality chocolate and didn’t seem so chalky to me.

Bottom Line: Given what a big star honey is over the Rosh Hashanah holiday this Honey Hazelnut & Almond Milk Chocolate bar can be a perfect Rosh Hashanah treat for anyone who enjoys Elite's Parah line of chocolates.   

White-Chocolate with Almond Pieces Chocolate Bar

שוקולד לבן עם שקדים של עלית
The White-Chocolate With Almonds didn’t seem all that unique to me. It was exactly what I expected it to be; Elite's Parah white-chocolate with an abundant amount of chopped almond bits. Only problem is, as I mentioned above, I always find the Parah line of chocolates to be a little "grainy". This chocolate bar was "OK" but it's far from a high quality chocolate.

I was sort of surprised that Elite has yet to make a white-chocolate bar with almonds but it clearly said "NEW" on the wrapper. I noticed that both of these chocolate bars are part of Elite's "Megadim" line, which has a Badatz Hecsher 

I looked to see if maybe it's only new to the Megadim line. I didn't see a white-chocolate with almonds anywhere else among the many Elite Parah chocolates in the candy aisle or on Elites website, so maybe it actually is new to the Elite Parah line of chocolates or maybe it's just new to me?

Bottom Line: if you like almonds and Elite's Parah white-chocolate, you're likely to enjoy this White-Chocolate with Almond Pieces. I personally think there are much better quality chocolate bars available to choose from.


100 gram chocolate bar – 7.49 NIS

Kosher Dairy Badatz







Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, hazelnut and almond... What an interesting flavor for a chocolate bar;) u r brave for trying that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What an interesting flavor for a chocolate bar;)"
    LOL yeah, I guess at some point they have to get a little "extra creative" and come up with odd or interesting flavors because they have so MANY flavors already


    "u r brave for trying that lol"
    it intrigued me and even though it was not my favorite I think those that really enjoy honey flavor should like this chocolate- I guess you don't want to try it - hu:) LOL

    ReplyDelete