Monday, March 28, 2011

Gad's 30% Fat "Cream Cheese"

"Gad" Dairy, who recently won a "Product of the Year Award", for their Feta & Bulgarian Traditional Cheese Line, have now introduced 2 new soft white cheeses.The new 30% fat "Cream Cheese" is available in natural favor as well as a vegetable cream cheese.


I tasted the vegetable cream cheese.

It was creamy, smooth and flavorful. Being that its 30% fat it is "heavier" than most of the soft white cheese spreads available here. To me it's still not what I'm used to as an "American style" cream cheese. It's thinner and a little more sour than say "Kraft's Philadelphia" cream cheese. (which is available here)


The vegetables; green pepper, red peppers and garlic are chopped up extremely small and thin but, taste-wise for me, they made a big impact. I think part of why they make such an impact is because Gad also added some flavor enhancers to the cheese, so you can definitely smell the garlic as soon as you open the container.

I actually would have preferred the natural cheese without the vegetables but my friend, who likes vegetable soft-white cheese, was very happy I bought this one. He said the vegetable flavor absolutely enhanced his sandwich.

Bottom Line: I've yet to see a vegetable cream-cheese from Kraft Philadelphia-cheese, here in Israel, so for those who like vegetable soft-white cheese, Gad's new cheese seems to be a winner, even if in my book I can't call it cream-cheese.

200 grams 11.38 NIS

Kosher: Milk Rabbinate Bat-Yam
חלב נוחרי


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.





4 comments:

  1. It must be so exciting sampling all these new products, I often think I need to take myself out of my comfort zone more, it's amazing what you do discover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simone, Your right going out of my comfort zone has made me discover cool and interesting things.
    It's kind of "my way" of doing what Baz Luhrmann says in Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) "Do one thing everyday that scares you"
    Well trying new things doesn't necessarily "scare me" but it can be out of my comfort zone. I always liked trying the new things on the shelf but blogging about it makes it even more exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But when are they going to bring Neuchatel? I'd LOVE to see a decent reduced fat American style cream cheese in the stores here.

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'd LOVE to see a decent reduced fat American style cream cheese in the stores here."

    Hi Robin...wouldn't that be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete