Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring's Peach-Plum & Pineapple-Lychee Soft Drinks

"Spring" has added 2 new soft-drinks to their ever expanding line of drinks; Peach–Plum and Pineapple-Lychee.

These Spring soft-drinks have 16% fruit and use only natural food coloring. They do not have any added preservatives but do have added vitamin C.

Peach-Plum
With summer just around the corner, Peach–Plum seems like the perfect new soft-drink combination. When I first poured a glass of this soft-drink the pleasant aroma of the peaches and plums automatically made me think of summer.

Peach being 13% of the fruit in this drink it was clearly the main flavor but for me the 3% plum was a nice extra touch.

As with most sweet fruit drinks I thought they added way too much sugar. After I diluted it with water I actually enjoyed the Peach-Plum soft-drink much more.  

Pineapple-Lychee
This time the 12% pineapple was obviously the stronger flavor but I think the 4% lychee is an interesting addition and helped tone down the "tanginess", you normally get from a pineapple.
If you’re a fan of pineapple drinks, I think you may find this combination puts a slightly different spin on it, making it a little more exotic.

Again, for me, this Pineapple-Lychee soft-drink was too sweet. I needed to add some water but not as much as I added to the Peach-Plum drink.

I can see Spring's Pineapple-Lychee Soft-Drink working really well in a cocktail.

Bottom Line: After I diluted the Peach-Plum Spring Soft-Drink, I enjoyed the refreshing taste of summer.
For me, the Pineapple-Lychee was a little too exotic and different, but those who enjoy pineapple drinks would, most likely, see that as a plus.    

1.5 liter – 5.99 NIS

Kosher: Badatz (Kosher for Passover as well)

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment: