Monday, May 16, 2011

Nestlé Crunch Roll Ice-Cream Pops

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the same Nestlé Crunch that makes both the Nestlé Crunch Dou Cereal and the Nestlé Crunch Rolls Kosher for Passover Cereal, which I reviewed, also has a line of ice-creams. They now have 2 new ice-creams bar in their Crunch Rolls line of products.

The new bars are vanilla ice-cream coated with either White Crunch Chocolate or Crunch Milk-Chocolate. The chocolate coating has rice-crispy cereal mixed in, just like you would find in a classic Nestlé Crunch Chocolate Bar. Under the layer of vanilla ice-cream these bars are filled with a big chunk of nougat.

To me these Nestlé Crunch Roll Ice-Cream bars seemed to be much more chocolate than ice-cream. I actually think that's a good thing, seeing as I didn’t really enjoy the ice-cream part all that much. After carefully reading the label I learned that the ice-cream is made with milk powder and not with real milk or real cream. That could be why it didn’t seem as rich, smooth and creamy as I was hoping it would be.

The chocolate and nougat filling, on the other hand, were very enjoyable. Granted it's not the best quality chocolate I've tasted but it didn’t seem too grainy to me.

The wooden stick in the center of the ice cream bar was a dowel like rounded stick and added to the overall "roll" feel and shape of this ice cream pop.

גלידת נסטלה קראנץ' רולס
These Nestlé Crunch Roll Ice-Cream pops seemed to be on the smaller side, they are by no means a mini bar, but being 72 grams, they are smaller than other ice-cream bars in the store freezer.

Nestlé Crunch Roll Ice-Cream pops have no artificial food coloring in them.

Bottom Line: I enjoyed the chocolate and nougat parts of the Nestlé Crunch Roll Ice-Cream bars and I thought it was a fun shape and nice size, but I was not impressed with the quality of the ice cream itself.   
   
72 gram ice cream pop – 8.00 NIS

Kosher Dairy Badatz


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.



2 comments:

  1. i miss these they don't sell them anymore where i'm from :-( only a long time ago as a child

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer when they stop selling a product you like or remember fondly from childhood. Maybe if you contact them locally where you live and ask them to bring it back they will:)

    ReplyDelete