Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Telma's "Finer" Cornflakes

תלמה קורנפלקס מעודן
Telma who recently gave us Cariot Nougat filled Pesach Cereal and a Kosher for Pesach Cornflakes (that I did not taste/review), now have a new, limited edition, "Thinner" Cornflake on the market.

As I mentioned in my review of Klik's Passover Chocolate Covered Cereal I thought the cornflakes in the chocolate covered Klik's were Telma's Passover cornflakes. I'm not 100% sure that they were Telma's, but I did think those cornflakes tasted stale. I can say that I was never a huge fan of Telma's "original recipe" cornflakes. I always found them to be too fluffy and thick. To me cornflakes should be very thin and flaky, like Kellogg's Cornflakes, and not puffy and full of air like Telma's, so I was interested to try these new thinner Telma Cornflakes and see if they are closer to Kellogg's version.

First, I tasted the New Telma Cornflakes dry without milk. If you've read my review of Nestle Duo Crunch Cereal or my Kosher for Passover Cereal review, you may know that I prefer cereal dry; as a snack, and not necessarily with milk as a "breakfast".

When I ate them without milk, I thought these New "Finer" Telma Cornflakes were a major improvement over Telma's "original recipe"; they are definitely thinner and less "fluffy" then the original. They are dry and crispy and they have a nice delicate flavor. I liked them better, but they still are not close to what I consider a thin and "perfect" cornflake.

With rice milk the New Telma Cornflakes got soggy right away and the texture was very much like the original Telma cornflakes. I did not like the taste or the texture at all.

Telma's new cornflakes have no preservatives or food coloring. They do have gluten but Telma does have a gluten free cornflake available as well.

These new Telma Cornflakes do have sugar in them; it's actually the second ingredient after maize (87.6%) but they are not too sweet at all.

Bottom Line: I think Telma's New Thinner Cornflakes are a step in the right direction toward my "ideal" cornflake, but they still missed the mark for me. I'll stick with Kellogg's Cornflakes for now.         

750 gram box 17.90 NIS

Kosher- Parve Beth Din London approved by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment